MESA is a better way to work. Get your data together with the only expansion pack exclusive to Shopify. Try Mesa on your Shopify store 100% free for 14 days or contact our Customer Success team for additional help or questions.
Spend as little as five minutes searching for CRMs online and you’ll notice there are a lot of solutions to choose from.
Not every CRM platform is the same, either. Some are marketed to enterprises, others are marketed to small businesses, and some even cater to specific industries.
But finding the right CRM has many advantages, including:
- Gaining a better understanding of your customers
- Labor cost reduction
- Improving your retention strategy
It pays, too: Research shows that an effective CRM can improve customer relationships, increase sales, boost productivity, and reduce labor costs.
In this post, we’re going to look at how you can enjoy similar benefits by selecting a CRM for your Shopify store. But first, let’s see what key features you should look for when shopping around.
What to look for in a CRM for Shopify stores
Finding the right CRM for your Shopify store can feel overwhelming, and if you don’t know what to look for, you could wind up buying a solution that’s confusing and difficult to use. Worse: You could buy a CRM without a good Shopify integration that ends up adding to your workload (instead of minimizing it.)
If you’re searching for a CRM but don’t know where to start, here is a list of features to look for:
- Shopify compatibility: Shopify is where the magic happens, so naturally you’re going to want a CRM that integrates with the platform. If you don’t, you’ll create more work for yourself and will have to deal with disjointed systems.
- Integration capabilities: Working well with Shopify isn’t enough. You should also choose a CRM solution that integrates with a wide range of ecommerce and business tools you use for selling online. This will help you be more organized and work more efficiently as customer data and other important information are shared between your CRM and other business platforms.
- User-friendliness: Your CRM solution can be powerful without being overly complex. Choose a solution that’s easy to learn and doesn’t try to reinvent the wheel. No CRM platform should look like a NASA control panel.
- Workflow automations: Having the ability to automate recurring activities and workflows greatly reduces the time spent on repetitive tasks, reduces the chances of human error, and makes it easier for you to engage customers.
Still need help finding the right CRM for your Shopify store? We’ve got you! Below are five tried and true CRM solutions with excellent compatibility for Shopify and Shopify Plus.
Top five CRMs for Shopify stores
HubSpot offers a popular freemium CRM that’s become a favorite among Shopify sellers.
HubSpot CRM integrates seamlessly with Shopify, making for an easy data sync between your online storefront and the CRM dashboard. HubSpot CRM also lets users create customized workflows that correspond with your Shopify customer data.
Suppose you wanted to reach out to customers that spent less than $25 at your store. With HubSpot, you can create an automated workflow that uses purchasing data to create a customer segment that meets your criteria. Then you can have marketing emails designed to boost their average cart value automatically sent to them.
HubSpot also comes with pre-built workflows with MESA, making it even easier to create custom connections between HubSpot and Shopify.
Capturing nearly 33% of the CRM market, Salesforce boasts itself as the top CRM platform in the world. With a flex that big, Salesforce has to deliver a top-notch platform––and it does.
Salesforce also makes it easier to track Shopify customer data, allowing you to keep tabs on what customers buy, when they buy it, and how often they make purchases.
This tool is incredibly easy to manage, designed to be one of the most adaptable CRM solutions on the market, and is capable of supporting small businesses to global enterprises.
Like HubSpot, Salesforce also comes with a MESA integration, which means MESA users can easily connect their application to Salesforce and create complex workflows between the CRM platform and their Shopify store, reducing the time spent researching and corresponding with customers.
Zoho’s CRM platform is becoming increasingly popular for being affordable, easy to use, and able to meet the needs of ecommerce vendors of all sizes. With subscriptions starting at $12 a month, Zoho also offers some of the biggest bang for your buck.
Some of its stand-out features include:
- A long list of integrations with business platforms, including Shopify, Slack, Facebook Ads, and more
- Customizable workflow automations and automation templates
- Detailed customer segmentation created with the help of Shopify data
- Works with Shopify and other Zoho tools, making it easier to handle accounting, invoicing, and other business activities from one platform
Sendinblue’s CRM platform is one of the newer tools on the market, but don’t let its young age fool you. It’s quickly becoming an alternative to more established CRMs like Salesforce and Zoho thanks to its broad range of automation capabilities and simple, easy-to-use design.
Other popular features include:
- Integration support with Shopify and other popular ecommerce platforms, as well as support with a broad range of business and marketing tools like Stripe, SumoMe, and Facebook Ads
- Data sync between Shopify customers and CRM contacts
- Customer behavior tracking
While many people associate it with customer support, Zendesk also has a CRM known as Zendesk Sell. Used by more than 200,000 companies worldwide (including Uber and Staples), Zendesk is one of Salesforce’s biggest competitors. So, you know that its CRM capabilities are going to be top-notch.
You can use Zendesk Sell to:
- Gain better insights into when customers open and read emails
- Build a multi-channel marketing campaign
- Import customer data from Shopify
- Create email templates, automate communication, and more
Zendesk also integrates with a growing list of applications, ensuring data moves smoothly between Shopify and your other business tools.
How to extend Shopify and your CRM
Part of what makes a good CRM effective is its ability to help you work more efficiently through integrations.
All the CRMs mentioned in this post work well with Shopify but not many have native integrations with other popular ecommerce tools. This means your CRM data won’t be as accurate as your business needs.
Ultimately, it’s the driven, overwhelmed staff that identify a few key motivators for needing more from Shopify and their CRM:
A better way to work
- Balance smarter hacks that allow some daily peace of mind.
- Set work on autopilot and tame the everyday chaos.
- Build a cohesive business with clever solutions to lighten workloads.
All your apps working together
- Integrate data sources into a single view for better decision-making.
- Expand the reach into any app connected to the internet.
- Link existing apps to simplify the reliance on custom code.
Shopify Expansion Pack
- Create unique experiences for teams and customers.
- Take Shopify to new heights, faster than competitors.
- Do more with the data and apps already in use.
Today’s growing businesses don’t need more bloated systems. They want to stay nimble and build quickly in case they need to shift their focus.
Get all your apps in one place with the only expansion pack exclusive to Shopify. That’s MESA. We’d love to discuss how it could help connect your data or create that awesome experience for your brand. Give it a try with our 100% free 14-day trial.
Simplify the workload to manage your Shopify store in 2022
Get the playbook to help you get started with automation. See how other successful merchants found a better way to work →
We watch for new apps then package them into an email sent every Tuesday.