When fulfillment or manufacturing processes require that your customer’s order details are organized into a spreadsheet for their machines to read, the answer is often a manual task that can take up many hours each week. But with Mesa, it’s as simple as just a few clicks!
Start with this workflow template:
1. On your Mesa dashboard, type in “Send Order To Google Sheets Document” in the Search apps and templates field and select the template from the drop-down menu.
On the next page, click the green Start with this template button in the top right-hand corner.
2. Under Additional setup required, click the View this Google Sheet and Make A Copy on the next window.
Now might also be a good time to change the title of your Google Sheet from “Copy of Shopify Orders Report,” to something more specific to your brand. You’ll need to reference it later.
3. In the next step you’ll need to create a Credential and Authenticate it with Google in the Google Sheets Add Row step. Under Configuration, you’ll update the Spreadsheet* with the title you choose in Step 2 and also assign the Sheet Name* to “Order-Full Details”.
4. Almost there! Now you’ll need to scroll down to the second Google Sheets step titled “Order: Line Item Properties Information,” and input the same information you did on the previous step. Add your Existing Credentials from the drop-down, assign your Spreadsheet* to the title you choose in Step 2, and assign the Sheet Name* to “Order-Full Details”.
Last Step: The most important
5. Once complete, scroll back up to the top of the page and click the Enable button in the top right-hand corner. Your order details should now appear in the “Order-Full Details” tab in your Google Sheet, something similar to this:
Workflow Wrap Up
Now you’re ready to send order details with line-item properties from Shopify to Google Sheets. Every step in the workflow is 100% customizable. Change an event, add a step before/after or adjust the default settings.
Mesa is a great way to get your apps working altogether so that you can work smarter. We’d love to discuss how it could help connect your data or create that awesome experience for your brand. Give it a try with our 100% free 14-day trial. Other popular workflow templates that work with Google Sheets include:
Get more done today with the Shopify expansion pack
We watch for new apps then package them into an email sent every Tuesday.